Thursday, June 19, 2014

Spring 2014 Update

Lots of things have been happening here this spring, but unfortunately, I just can't show you very much of it yet! Suffice to say that I'll have lots of things to show off this fall. I have had a record number of submissions in the last few months, and I have been working hard to meet all my deadlines.

I have managed to sneak in a little personal knitting here and there. I finished the plain blue socks that I showed in the last post (which are now happily living in my son's sock drawer), and progress continues on the orange modified St. Brigid. I've also started another plain pair of socks, because I always like to have at least one pair on the go.

After the last project went off in the mail this month, I organized my yarn stash. For far too long, I have been pulling out the odd ball of yarn or two, then stuffing it back into the most convenient bag or box. Needless to say, it's been getting gradually more difficult to find anything in there. I recently took a couple of hours and took everything out.  I dusted out the yarn closet, put matching yarns together, and sorted the odds and ends by fiber. I took out some things that didn't belong there (wine corks? A curtain tie?) and gave a bunch of yarn scraps to my 4-year old to snip, tie, and tape to her heart's content.

My next project is another submission, followed by some work on a couple of patterns that I want to self-publish. I'm trying not to over-book myself though, since there are only a few days left in the school year before the kids are home with me for the summer. They will be the priority for the next couple of months!

No comments:

Post a Comment